10 Of The Best Bands

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” -Bob Marley

Music I believe is one of the best therapies. Whenever you feel depressed or alone you can just put on your headphones, or pick up your guitar and listen to what comes out of your emotions. If you ever feel like you need a boost of happiness or are just bored out of your mind,  here is a list of ten of my favorite bands that I think YOU should listen to.

Number one on the list is……. wait for it….. MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE! This band is great because it has so many emotions that normal people can relate to, and has a bunch of great excitable songs that get you excited and happy and hyper all in one song! This is also my favorite band.  If you are looking for one of these songs, I would recommend NaNaNa or I’m Not Ok.

Next up is Marianas Trench! I have loved this band for years and I met them late last year in November. They are really nice people and are extremely talented at writing and playing music. All of their songs tell a story and are all really great and inspiring. Some of the songs I would recommend  by them are Masterpiece Theater III and Stutter.

My third inspiration is Black Veil Brides.  I have liked them for around a year and I am very thankful my friend Breiann showed them to me. They came out with a new album in January of this year called Wretched And Divine The Story Of The Wild Ones. It’s my favorite record from them and it carries a story with it throughout from song to song. The songs I would recommend from them are Knives And Pens and In The End.

Number four is Ghost Town. They are a band from California that started in 2012 with their first song You’re So Creepy. They release a new song every Tuesday, their most recent being Massacre. My favorite song by them is Game Freak, it’s a really good song and is very upbeat.

Fifth up is Green Day.  They are an american pop punk band that formed in 1987. The members are Billy Joe Armstrong (Vocals/guitar),  Mike Dirnt (Backing vocals and bass), Tre Cool (Drums) and Jason White (Guitar). They have a lot of really great songs and albums. My favorite song is Boulevard Of Broken Dreams.

My sixth favorite is Deadmau5, yes he’s a DJ but he is still amazing. He plays electronic and dubstep and has had a lot of singers from other bands in his songs, Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance being one of them. My favorite Deadmau5 songs are Professional Griefers ft Gerard way and Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff.

Number seven is Coldplay! They have been one of my favorite bands for a while and I’ve seen them live once in Vancouver on their Mylo Xyloto tour. They have amazing music and an upbeat and happy side as well as a softer more mellow side. My favorite song by them is Paradise.

My eighth favorite band is All Time Low. They are an american pop punk band from Maryland. They have been on the Vans Warped Tour a few times and have really good music. my favorite song by the band is Stella.

Ninth up is Maroon 5! they have been around since 1994 when all of the members were still in high school. They have more pop songs with very happy beats. they aren’t really my typical type of music but they are still really great. My favorite song by them is Misery.

Last but not least is Sleeping With Sirens. They are an american pop punk band that are more screamo than pop.  This band has been around since 2009 and has three albums. My favorite song by them is Do It Now, Remember It Later.

I hope you will listen to these bands and appreciate this music. So these are my favorite bands, what are yours? For more music related posts visit Nicole’s Blog and Maddy’s Blog.  Check out some more posts on the number 10 at http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/2013/03/10/challenge-2-first-week-of-freedom/